Labor Day typically signals the end of summer. With cooler temperatures closing in on us, it’s time to start thinking about preparing your patio and outdoor valuables properly. One of the most important ways to do that is to cover furniture, A/C units, etc. with a custom canvas cover. In addition to custom covers, we’ve… Read More
Labor Day typically signals the end of summer. With cooler temperatures closing in on us, it’s time to start thinking about preparing your patio and outdoor valuables properly. One of the most important ways to do that is to cover furniture, A/C units, etc. with a custom canvas cover.
In addition to custom covers, we’ve got some ideas on how you can welcome fall.
Invite Fall Into Your Backyard
Fall is one of the best seasons to spend time outdoors. Not only can you spend more than five minutes out there without breaking a sweat, but it’s also beautiful! The colors of the changing leaves and the flickering lights of firepits will give you all the feelings.
To enhance the fall vibe in your backyard, consider some of these ideas:
- A few autumn-colored pillows on your chairs around the firepit. Maybe use a couple of cozy throws for anyone who wants to cuddle up on cool nights.
- Who says you can’t party outside after Labor Day? Fire up that grill and throw a welcome fall party. Use fall decor (grab those pumpkins!) and a game of touch football to round out the evening.
- Add some fall lanterns and other lighting around your seating area. There’s nothing more satisfying than a great conversation with family and friends with a little lighting that is comforting and not blinding.
Then, when you realize you can’t let outdoor living go with summer, call us for a Louvered Roof or another awning to help you extend your season even more!
Prepare Your Valueables
You’ve probably spent a lot of time and money making your outdoor space perfect for you. It’s a great idea to properly prepare your investments for the colder weather. Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Spray off patio furniture and deck.
- Winterize sprinklers, fountains, and any other water features.
- Drain hoses to avoid splitting.
- Store outdoor tools to avoid rusting and possibly losing them in the snow!
- Winterize your A/C unit. You can do this by turning off the power, cleaning, and inspecting it.
- For gardens, Better Homes & Gardens has a very detailed list of how to prepare plants, lawns, and vegetable gardens.
Protect with Custom Covers
Now that you have your furniture and other assets cleaned up and winterized, let’s protect them with a custom canvas cover. You may ask why you need a custom cover when you can just throw a big blue tarp over it, right? Let’s go over the benefits.
First of all, the fabric is heavy-duty, commercial-grade construction which makes it extremely durable and tear-resistant. It also has dimensional stability that prevents warping. You’re going to want something that is UV and mildew resistant and prevents condensation. This breathable canvas cover does! And since it’s fade and stain-proof, it will stay looking nice for a long time. With a 7-year warranty plus a 100% satisfaction guarantee, you won’t have to worry about needing to pay for a replacement if anything goes wrong.
Our custom canvas covers are not only made in the U.S.A. but right in our facility by our skilled craftsmen. That is another huge benefit of having a custom cover done – it will fit perfectly! You won’t worry about how to tie down a tarp to prevent it from coming off or lifting in the wind. Our team will measure and pattern around your furniture, grill, hot tub, etc. so everything is snug. For A/C covers, we have both custom and stock covers available.
So what all do we cover? Pretty much anything you can think of. Here are a few examples:
- Furniture – tables, chairs, benches, etc.
- Fountains and other water features.
- Outdoor kitchens including pizza ovens.
We also cover UTVs and ATVs, trailers, etc. Take a look at our gallery to see more examples of custom cover work. Then give us a call at 801-563-9600 to get a quote on your project.
SugarHouse Ind. has served its clients in the Intermountain West since 1941. In that time, we have become Utah’s largest provider of awning, boat tops, and specialty canvas covers. After nearly 80 years, our focus is still to provide customers with the highest quality products and the best prices. We remain a family-owned company, and we remain committed to putting a personal touch into everything we do. That’s why we make every product that we offer in our 30,000 ft2 facility in Midvale, Utah.