We’ve been waiting (not so patiently) for Old Man Winter to show up! There are plenty of people who are itching to hit the slopes, rev up the snowmobile, or have a good old fashioned snowball fight. On the flip side, there are plenty of people who want to spend their social distanced winter at… Read More
We’ve been waiting (not so patiently) for Old Man Winter to show up! There are plenty of people who are itching to hit the slopes, rev up the snowmobile, or have a good old fashioned snowball fight. On the flip side, there are plenty of people who want to spend their social distanced winter at home. If that’s you but the idea of staying huddled under a blanket isn’t appealing to you, don’t worry. Enjoy the snow under your louvered roof!
A louvered roof is perfect to make your patio winter wonderland ready. The really nice thing about a louvered roof is that you can leave it open when it’s not snowing or close it with the push of a button when it is. It can also hold up to 60 lbs. per square foot of snow.
And there are still ways for you to stay warm and cozy while outside.
Create a Warm Space
It’s no secret that it’s much easier to enjoy the snow when you are comfortable. So in addition to your louvered roof, let’s create a warm space outdoors for you. Here are a few ideas to keep you comfy while getting fresh, crisp winter air.
- Patio heaters. These can definitely bring some warmth to your deck or other outdoor space. They come in tons of different shapes and sizes. Check out this article from Business Insider showing the top picks for 2021.
- Chimeneas or portable fireplace. The crackling of a fire is something that always brings back happy winter memories. This is an affordable way to add a fireplace to your patio.
- Heated chair. Relax those muscles in a nice heated chair. You’ll feel warm and snug as you watch that snow fall.
- Pet bed. Now that you have a comfortable place to lounge, put one out for your best friend. They will feel as cozy as you on one of our gel-infused pet beds.
- Teepee/tent. Watching snow fall can be so relaxing especially when you are warm. Having a teepee or tent set-up will give you a place to sleep or just hang out so you can enjoy the entire night outside.
- Inflatable movie screen. Okay, as we’ve established, we’re waiting on some snow but until we get it, you can still enjoy your time under your louvered roof. Just rent an inflatable movie screen and voila! You’ve got some outdoor entertainment.
Louvered Roof Features
Here are just a few of the many features a louvered roof offers.
- Shade Control – by operating the motorized louvers with the remote control, you can fully open or fully close to adjust the shade exactly where you need it.
- Sun Control – when you want the sun on the patio, coming through your windows or patio doors, you can easily get it by opening the louvers at a slant, to provide up to 85% of the natural light.
- Ventilation Control – with Louvered Roofs, you get almost 100% ventilation. When the louvers are open, they are parallel to each other.
- Rain Control – the Louvered Roof has interlocking louvers with a drip edge, so the rain simply runs into the louver troughs, and then out into the full perimeter gutter. It can then run into the post as a downspout or through a regular downspout. It can also be saved into a rain storage device or directed to the lawn or garden. Because of the gutter screens, you will never have to clean out leaves!
We would love to get you set-up with a louvered roof so that you can enjoy your winter when it finally shows up! Give us a call at 801-563-9600 to get going on your customized design!
SugarHouse Ind. has served its clients in the Intermountain West since 1941. In that time, we have become Utah’s largest provider of awning, boat tops, and specialty canvas covers. After nearly 80 years, our focus is still to provide customers with the highest quality products and the best prices. We remain a family-owned company, and we remain committed to putting a personal touch into everything we do. That’s why we make every product that we offer in our 30,000 ft2 facility in Midvale, Utah.