Want to give something more creative than chocolates, flowers, or perfume for Mother’s Day? SugarHouse has got you covered with ideas for perfect Mother’s Day gifts. This is a great time of year for new projects and updating your outdoor space. Whether the lady in your life wants a place to cook and entertain or… Read More
Want to give something more creative than chocolates, flowers, or perfume for Mother’s Day? SugarHouse has got you covered with ideas for perfect Mother’s Day gifts.
This is a great time of year for new projects and updating your outdoor space. Whether the lady in your life wants a place to cook and entertain or somewhere to go to get away from everyday chaos, we’ve got something for her. We’ve paired a few of our favorite products together with some other ideas to create a backyard she will truly love.
Contemporary and Stylish Pergola
Our new Timberpeak Pergola is an update on the classic pergola. This beautiful shade structure is made out of Douglas Fir that boasts the highest strength to weight ratio of any wood. The wood can be stained in multiple finishes of Messmer’s stain. You can have this as a freestanding structure or a wall mount is also available.
Mom will enjoy her new pergola especially if you dress it up for her. Here are a few design concepts to consider:
- An outdoor dining room. This is perfect for family dinners, especially during the summer.
- Hanging baskets of plants and flowers can brighten things up. You can even build some planter boxes around the pergola.
- Add Verticool drop shades to give you more shade and privacy. More info on these drop shades coming up!
- A cute porch swing or a hammock will give mom a place to relax. This macrame swing chair from Bliss Hammocks combines the two and will have her swooning!
Whatever you decide to pair with this pergola, we’re certain it will look amazing and will have everyone wanting to spend time under the Timberpeak.
Roll with It
Bringing shade to your outdoor space doesn’t mean you have to block your view or install an unattractive shade. Our open roll Verticool drop shades are the answer. The rope-operated are perfect for free-standing structures just like the pergolas mentioned above. They also work well with our new Backyard Series Awning.
In addition to free-standing structures, you can install the rope-operated or our Verticool exterior drop shades on your deck, patio, or windows. Mom will love this especially if she likes spending time on the deck. Sometimes sunshine streaming in on us is nice but other times, say if mom is out relaxing with a book, she may want a little bit of shade.
Choose between motorized or manual. Motorized shades include wireless remote controls to lower the shade with a push of a button. Manual shades use a hand crank to raise and lower the shade.
Create a shaded spot for mom to hang out with family and friends with a retractable awning. Retractable awnings are not only attractive but they protect from harmful UV rays and also cool the inside of the home.
The frame’s unique arms move easily to full extension and can also stop anywhere in between to make sure your shade is just right. In addition to length, the awning’s pitch can also be adjusted.
Our retractable awnings come with the option of being motorized or having a manual crank that can be detached and stored when not in use.
Now that you know a little more about these awnings, let’s plan what you can do to complete this Mother’s Day package. You might already have the majority of the items used in these ideas so you just need to get the awning and you’re done!
- Again, you can’t go wrong with an outdoor dining area. Place a table and chairs under your awning so you can enjoy eating outside at any time of the day.
- A retractable awning over a cook area is also desirable. Build a small outdoor kitchen or barbeque area where the chef can have some shade. Just remember, moms get the day off on Mother’s Day. 🙂
- A nice seating area where the girls can gab is a must. Comfortable chairs, a couch, table, and ottomans to give mom a place to put her feet will be the perfect touch.
We’re eager to get going on your backyard makeover for mom. Give us a call at 801-563-9600 to find the best shade solution for her.
SugarHouse Ind. has served its clients in the Intermountain West since 1941. In that time, we have become Utah’s largest provider of awning, boat tops, and specialty canvas covers. After nearly 80 years, our focus is still to provide customers with the highest quality products and the best prices. We remain a family-owned company, and we remain committed to putting a personal touch into everything we do. That’s why we make every product that we offer in our 30,000 ft2 facility in Midvale, Utah.